Position: Roof Technician
Probationary Period: 90 Days
Type of Position: Full Time
Hours: 40-50 hours per week, some evenings/Saturdays as needed
Benefits: Company-issued smartphone and iPad, company-supplied vehicle, paid vacation/sick leave, health insurance available
Requirements: Extensive knowledge and experience with residential roofing, and a valid driver’s license. Must have the ability to speak and write in English.
We are a well-respected and growing roofing company that seeks a full-time experienced Roof Technician. Must be experienced in all phases of roofing. Strong customer service skills are a must. Job responsibilities and requirements include:
- Day-to-day activities would include repairs involving replacing missing shingles, re-flashing chimneys, step flashing dormers, installing and replacing skylights, and repairing valleys.
- Ability to identify roof leaks, improper roof installations, and damage caused by natural disasters.
- Availability to coordinate or perform emergency repairs- some on-call which may involve evening or weekend work.
- Must have skills to identify roofing problems and estimate time and cost to complete repairs per manufacturer specifications.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service.
- Complete administrative tasks on time including written estimates and reports.
- Maintain maintenance of company vehicles.
- Maintain warehouse when putting materials and tools away.
- Deliver and pick up materials to the job site if need be.
- Attend weekly sales meetings to discuss scheduling, work orders, and contract fulfillment.
- Follow safety procedures and have a safe and working knowledge of power tools and equipment including circular saws, drills, grinders, tear off equipment, metal brakes, and shears.
- Make suggestions to the owners to improve job efficiency.
- Develop an increasing awareness of the needs and pressures of the Field Manager and Owners. He/she should make recommendations on roofing techniques, scheduling and task assignments, and always make him/herself aware of deadlines and budgets to work to improve the quality and efficiency of the projects.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and attention to detail.
Streamline Roofing offers competitive benefits and salaries. Company supplied vehicle is provided. The candidate must pass a drug test and background check and have a valid driver’s license. If you do not have a valid driver’s license please do not apply.